What information do I need to provide when placing orders?
- All orders are to be taken by the Customer Service Scheduler.
- Please provide Company Name, Job Name and/or Number, Contact Person and Phone Number, Concrete Application (i.e. footing, slab-on-grade, suspended slab, block hole), and Estimated Time for Discharging Concrete.
- In addition, we request that you provide an accurate delivery address and driving instructions. The use of street names and numbers is highly recommended.
- In order to guarantee on-time deliveries, we MUST know the maximum quantity that will be used on a particular placement; we recommend a “hold” quantity is to set measure the final load(s).
- Special admixtures/materials to be added at the job site or at the plant should be addressed with Dispatch at the time of order placement.
- After taking the order, the Dispatcher will repeat the order for confirmation.
- National Concrete encourages customers to place their orders by 3:00 p.m. the day prior to desired delivery. Orders taken after 3:00 p.m. will be scheduled after 9:00 a.m. the following day. Place orders as far in advance as possible to avoid over cooking and delays.
Can pours be arranged before or after standard operating hours ?
Yes, to schedule pours before or after standard operating hours, please contact either our Operations Manager or the Customer Service Scheduling Office at 945-1215.
Early or late pours are subject to overtime delivery charges.
Dispatch Office/Order Taking
- Monday through Friday
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
7:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
- Monday through Friday
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday 7:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
What about the “will call” orders?
- Any “Will Call” orders not confirmed within 2 hours are subject to removal from the schedule.
- All first round (7:00 — 9:00 a.m.) “Will Calls” must be confirmed as a “Go” by 4:00 p.m. the day prior or they will be subject to removal from the schedule. Calling and re-scheduling can reactivate the order, subject to equipment and plant availability.
- All Saturday “Will Calls” must be placed and confirmed as a “Go” by 1:00 p.m. on Friday.
- “Will Call” and “Moved” orders are subject to equipment and plant availability.
Do i get charged extra for excessive unloading time?
- We offer 1 hour free unloading; an additional charge will be billed for unloading time in excess of 1 hour.
- National Concrete’s goal is to be on the job at the exact scheduled time, however deliveries within 15 minutes of the scheduled delivery time are considered to be on time as well.
- Please contact our office for our current rates.
Are partial loads subject to any charges?
- All deliveries less than 3 cubic yards are subject to a partial load charge.
What other important considerations should i be aware of?
- Before the concrete arrives on your site, we request that a safe access
be prepared. Our typical mixer specifications are as follows:
– Length: 30′
– Height: 12′ 6″
– Empty Weight: 30,000 lbs
– Full Weight: 64,000 lbs
Keep in mind: Our Delivery Vehicles are Heavy.
- We request that a washout area for our delivery truck be assigned